Register for alerts
If you have registered for alerts, you should use your registered email address as your username
Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to disrupt inflammation cell signaling pathways by binding to the GPR120 receptor.  This benefit however can be inhibited or even reversed if the ratio of Omega-6 / Omega-3 is too high as Omega-6 serves as a precursor to inflammatory chemicals ( prostaglandin and leukotriene eicosanoids ) in the body.   A high proportion of omega-6 to omega-3 fat in the diet shifts the physiological state in the tissues toward the pathogenesis of many diseases: prothrombotic, proinflammatory and proconstrictive.  Omega-6 competes with Omega-3 for the same rate limiting factor which is required for the health-benefits of Omega-3, directly reducing the action of Omega-3 in addition to pharmacologically counteracting Omega-3 benefits through its own action as a pro-inflammatory agent.
Hi Norman, You might be interested in the following:
1) Turmeric extract – See more information and studies in my article “ Turmeric Extract is Effective as Ibuprofen for Knee Osteoarthritis “.
2) Gelatin – see more information and research in my article “ Gelatin and Osteoarthritis of the Knees “.
3) Sesame seeds – more information in my article “ How To Use Sesame Seeds For Knee Osteoarthritis “.
4) Tart cherries – see “ How to Fight Joint Pain and Inflammation With Tart Cherries “.
5) Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie for Joint Pain .
6) For pain relief – massaging the area with these 20 essential oils to relieve pain and inflammation , and/or consuming this anti-inflammatory and pain relieving turmeric ginger tea .
7) See more possible natural treatments HERE , and HERE .